1. THE LEBANESE IDENTITY
The Lebanese are not Syrians, Palestinians, Cypriots, Turks or anything else. If the Republic of Lebanon is only 73 years old, the Emirate of Lebanon lasted for 350 years and the independent coastal cities thrived continuously for thousands of years.
THE LEBANESE ARE LEBANESE AND NOTHING ELSE. Lebanon has its own unique history dating back 10,000 years and has built its DNA by integrating Phoenician, Egyptian, Cananean, Greek, Roman, Italian, Arab, Ottoman, Armenian, Palestinian and French populations and cultures.
The 10,452 km2 of its mountains, its coastal cities, Akkar and the Beq’aa valley are the sacred territory of the Lebanese nation, the soil where the same populations have lived and thrived continuously for thousands of years.
LEBANON IS, BY ESSENCE, A COUNTRY OF INTEGRATION. Its history has been to provide sanctuary and to integrate persecuted populations – Maronites and Druze in the 7th and 10th centuries and more recently to Armenians and Palestinians in the 20th century.
The Lebanese coastal cities have seen generations of merchants from different cultures and backgrounds arrive, establish trading posts and develop their businesses. Thus Greeks, Byzantines, Turks, Arabs, Italians, Egyptians and Armenians mixed with the local populations of Phoenician and Canaanite origin to become today’s rich mixture of Greek-Orthodox and Sunnis that is synonymous with the great Lebanese ports.
THE LEBANESE IDENTITY IS STRONG
- ALL LEBANESE ARE AND FEEL LEBANESE
- THE LEBANESE IDENTITY IS WHAT MAKES LEBANON
- 10,000 YEARS OF LIVING TOGETHER AND INTEGRATING THOSE WHO TOOK REFUGE IN LEBANON OVER THE CENTURIES HAS BUILT THE IDENTITY OF THE LEBANESE PEOPLE
- THE PARTY OF LEBANON IS ABOUT PUTTING THE LEBANESE IDENTITY FIRST
- THE PARTY OF LEBANON IS ABOUT TAKING CONFESSIONALISM OUT OF THE LEGAL, POLITICAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE SYSTEMS, AS PER THE PREAMBLE OF THE LEBANESE CONSTITUTION
- THE PARTY OF LEBANON IS ABOUT UNITING THE LEBANESE INTO A NATION
- THE PARTY OF LEBANON IS ABOUT BUILDING THE LEBANESE NATION